The 5th International Congress on Mathematical Software will consist
of several topical sessions. Each session will provide
an overview of the challenges, achievements and progress in a subfield
of mathematical software research, development and use.
The program committee will consist of the session organizers.
We solicit session proposals.
You are invited to propose a session if you
- are active in mathematical software research, development and use,
- want to serve the research community
by nurturing and facilitating mathematical software work in your area, and
- would like to focus only on the scientific matters in the organization
(not on other matters such as administrative, logistic, etc).
How to propose a session
- Prepare a session proposal with the following contents.
The decision on the proposal will be made
- title of the session
- name(s) of the organizer(s), with contact addresses and emails
- aim and scope of the session (at most 150 words)
- by the program chair, the general chair and the advisory committee
- within mid-January 2016
How to organize a session
- Maintain a session web page (see template in html-format or
- Send a call for abstracts to the potential speakers in the topic area of the session
(see template in tex-format
- Review the submitted abstracts and make decision on their acceptance,
as soon as each one arrives.
- Complete the process by Apr 15, 2016.
- During the meeting, chair the session.
Format of a session
This format is meant only as a rough frame; the organization of a
session can be done in a quite free fashion (e.g., concerning the
duration of the individual contributions). "Talks" may also include
software presentations and demos.
- A session will consist of one or more time slots.
- A time slot will consist of about 3 - 4 talks.
- We encourage that each session begins with one general overview talk
(may be given by a session organizer).
Possible topics for sessions
- These are not exclusive. You can propose any mathematical topic.
- These are not required titles of sessions. You can propose any title.
- These are provided as initial hint for topics and titles.
- theorem proving
- logic minimization
- quantifier elimination
- number theory
- diophantine equations
- algebraic numbers theory
- analytic number theory
- elliptic curves
- finite summation, difference equations
- arithmetic combinatorics
- algebraic combinatorics
- analytic combinatorics
- topological combinatorics
- group theory
- linear algebra
- polynomial algebra
- differential algebra
- homological algebra
- non-commutative algebra
- tensor algebra
- numerical analysis
- functional analysis
- differential/integral equations
- special functions
- computational geometry
- polyhedral geometry
- algebraic geometry
- differential geometry
- algebraic topology
- differential topology
- scientific computation
- engineering computation
- mathematical document processing
- mathematical problem solving platform
- mathematical theory exploration
- mathematical knowledge management
- user interface
- programming language
- kernel design